Pages

28 August 2015

Saturday Story: Blossom Book House, Bangalore


On my last visit to Bangalore one of my dear friends took me to the Blossom Book House. I had heard a lot about this Mecca of new and used books. Naturally, I was thrilled to get an opportunity to go there.


Books, Blossom and Bangalore

Blossom fascinated me from the moment I stepped into it. The place is a treasure trove of all kinds of books. Stacks after stacks of books reaching out to the roof made for a pleasant sight. No wonder it is the largest second hand bookstore in India.


The store was created in 2001 by Mayi Gowda, a former engineer. It is located on Church Street in Bangalore. Starting with an area of just 200 sq. ft. the bookstore has expanded to a three storey building that currently measures 3500 sq. ft.



The selection of new titles at Blossom is very impressive. But what fascinated me the most is their enormous collection of used books. To my delight I found many of the used books in very good condition. 

Blossom has alleys of books arranged on the basis of various genres and each alley opens a new world of excitement for the booklovers. It is sheer joy for any booklover to browse through such a huge assortment of books and it was no different for me. I spent a marvelous couple of hours browsing through the amazing array of books. 



To end on a happy note, Blossom offers amazing discount on the used books. So next time when you are in Bangalore, do not forget to step into the wonder world of Blossom and browse through their fabulous collection!!


Blossom Book House
No. 84/6, 
Church Street, Opp. Amoeba,
Bangalore – 560 001
Phone: +91 80 25320400 / 25559733

Timing: 10:45 AM to 9:00 PM


No comments: