Pages

22 September 2015

A Bagful of Happiness




Who says money can't buy happiness? There lies my bagful of happiness!! The reader in me jumps with joy whenever the whiff of new books surround me. Each book contains a story and each book has a story of its own. 

There are times when a book becomes special just because it comes from a very dear person. At other times, it is the beauty of the words that endears a book and I hold it close to my heart.

Sometimes I wonder why I feel so attached to my books. Is it because I become a part of the story when I am reading it? Is it because books provide me a chance to co-exist in their world while still being a part of the real world? Is it the characters whom I befriend while unwrapping a story? Maybe it's the sheer joy of discovering a new story when I first read a book and the wonderful feeling of being with old friends when I read the same book a second or third time.

Like the sun-rays on your back on a winter afternoon, books provide a kind of warmth that can only be experienced and enjoyed. Each book is a unique friend for life. A friendship that can be bought by money and yet it remains the truest form of friendship and happiness!      

   

No comments: